Friday, April 17, 2009

UNHCR Feedback on my Capstone.

Today I gave a preview of my capstone to colleagues at UNHCR. The real deal will come on Thursday, April 23 at Eastern Mennonite University.

The capstone is very personal - about the process I've used to figure out vocation - or voice. When host-driven reality television came to the scene about 10 years ago, I became first frustrated, then outraged. But what to do? How do you shift to a different reality? My move to the country helped, then my Masters at Eastern Mennonite University. Through my practicum project I've been able to identify and articulate first a shift in my focus; from an energy expending orientation on goal... to an energy expanding focus on foundation.

Through an art project that was my practicum proposal, I identified Intuition, Home, Connection, Vision and Power as the building materials for the next phase of my life. This has helped me figure out my values, my voice, and the questions I need to ask as I move forward. Maria Soledad Rueda Garcia and Deanna Gergich provide generous feedback on all of these ideas.

1 comment:

Mr.PorteƱo said...

capstone? a finishing or protective stones that form the top of an exterior masonry wall or building?
seems that Swisslandia worked out the way it was supposed. It delivered?
Art seems to be a good way to focus energy and project forward. I always remember your shoe fashion friend's method, to draw his dreams and ideas in a sketch book. On time, he would have a train of thought focusing his creativity and vocation. (and i always ask, how is he doing?)