Monday, March 23, 2009

Video Postcard for My Advisor, Howard Zehr

In this, the end of month two of my UNHCR practicum, I interview Naoko Obi, the head of my Community Development, Gender Equality and Children section. Naoko talks of what we've achieved in our International Women's Day event... with the gender equality video and the creation of the slogan; "It begins with me. It begins with you. It begins with us." Next on the agenda is the creation of a blog to track an evaluation of Age, Gender, Diversity Mainstreaming policy... and trainings within UNHCR to teach others to blog and involve them in AGDM.

Watch 10 minutes now on YouTube:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it never ceases to amaze me how you create comfort....
as everyone knows..being comfortable .. in oneself..ones surroundings...facilitates ease of communication... trust... opaciity...
it is obvious that you have become an integral part of the "team"...
cc

Paulette Moore said...

Thank you, Clai Clai - they are an amazingly open bunch - very smart, very challenging colleagues. Because they are so open and supportive - it really allows me just to fly - without that tension of weird politics. It's really a lesson for me.